Let’s start with a few facts:
- 54% of employees aren’t motivated from their first day in their job.
- 40% feel that their job is thankless.
- 54% feel that their bosses value customers more than employees.
- 80% of employees aren’t engaged day to day.
Traditionally, businesses try to overcome low engagement with incentives or threats. Both are short lived.
Traditionally, businesses try to better understand employees via personality tests. The problem with personality is that it doesn’t change. It can’t be improved.
Understanding an employee’s motivation is far more useful. Motivation fluctuates. Motivation can be reignited with new opportunities, training, or a change of environment, for example.
Motivated employees are intrinsically more engaged. Boosting employee engagement boosts customer loyalty by 233%, revenue by 26% and productivity by 71%.
In this workshop, we will:
- Identify the motivators that help each of us to be more engaged, productive and healthier
- Learn how motivation positively impacts the relationship between organisations and their employees
- Learn the value in shifting from extrinsic to intrinsic motivation.