Welcome to the fourth edition of EXclusive News, produced by Brand Experiences. This month we introduce Employee Archetypes, share news of how we’re supporting Etihad to fly high, and detail some events featuring our fab team members. We’re EXcited to bring you this newsletter and if you find it useful, do share it with your networks.
A key part of improving the Employee Experience is understanding the different types of employees within your organisation. The Employee Archetype Template allows you to build a representation of each different type of employee and build a better understanding of their hopes and aspirations, fears and concerns, needs and wants.
Most organisations use Personas rather than Archetypes, which is fine in Customer Experience where you may not have a deep understanding of your customers, and any attempt at ‘humanising’ them is useful. You should already know a lot about your employees, though, and should strive to have a deeper understanding of their mindsets, their behaviours, their values, and their motivations. In our experience, personas typically don’t support efforts around diversity and inclusion and empathy, as fixed characters are created with a name and a face – e.g. Brian the Gas Engineer who is a white male, aged 45.
You can download the entire EXO Toolkit for free via the Brand Experiences website.
Earlier this month, our CEO, Mike Sharples, our Head of Leadership Development, Steve Jones, and our Head of Employee Experience, Nicholas Wardle, were in Abu Dhabi, training colleagues at Etihad Aviation in how to get the best out of mojo in order to boost motivation, productivity, resilience and wellbeing.
- 12 colleagues became Certified Mojo Mentors
- 22 colleagues became Certified Mojo Managers
- 16 colleagues became Certified Mojo Champions
Feedback from the training was excellent, and includes:
- It gives me a clear roadmap to deal with my team members; considering their motivations, all leading towards a healthy environment
- It made me and my teams understand the way we are, and to celebrate our differences
- It has helped to put needs and concepts around something I have always known but not been able to measure/structure/improve
- Mojo will help anyone to better understand their priorities and build a strategy to achieve personal and organisational goals
The Brand Experiences team were grateful for the fantastic welcome from colleagues at Etihad and delighted that mojo has received such a positive response. If you’d like to understand more about how mojo can energise your enterprise, click here.
Monetising the Employee Experience
This book, co-written by Mike Sharples and Nicholas Wardle, is a practical guide on how to build the case for investment in EX, how to achieve senior leadership buy-in, and the tools you’ll need to develop a winning culture.
A reviewer said:
"This is an excellent piece of work - it's really helped me crystalise some thoughts around the future of EX within our business, and how my team need to develop. I applaud how well this is balanced - succinct yet conversational, packed with practical tips and takeaways. I've already recommended this to several colleagues and peers and will continue to do so.”
The book costs about as much as a burger, fries and a coke in a London pub, and you can purchase your copy here.
- 20 June
- Desk Lodge, Belvedere House, Basing View, Basingstoke, RG21 4HG
- Mike Sharples and Steve Jones, will be offering their thoughts on the benefits and challenges of remote and co-working, how this can affect employee engagement, wellbeing, and training; and what technology you should consider for hybrid working to be effective in your business.
Unlocking Employee Engagement & motivation, post Covid
- 15 July
- Solent Hotel & Spa, Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, PO15 7AJ
- Free for members of the Whiteley Small Business Network, and £10 for visitors
- Steve Jones will be presenting on how understanding how your team members are motivated will go a long way to creating a smooth transition into the post COVID world.
- 26/27 September
- Vienna / Online
- Nicholas Wardle will be speaking at this event which has two days full of inspiring workshops, talks, discussions and side events on digital transformation, digital communications, future of hybrid work, digital equality, social media, corporate culture and leadership.
A Motivated Workforce is a Productive Workforce!
- 29 September
- Portsmouth Business Expo, Village Hotel, Portsmouth
- Steve Jones will be discussing how to describe, measure, monitor and maximise motivation for yourself, your people, and your business.
Just in case you missed them, here’s some recent thought leadership:
Employee Surveys are flawed – how relying on the overall engagement/satisfaction figure does more harm than good
Empathy Maps – how they help to identify employees' fears and concerns as well as their wants and needs
Boosting your thought leadership strategy - some do’s and don'ts
You can stay up-to-date with all things EX by following Brand Experiences on LinkedIn or via our website.